I have a confession to make: I hadn't tried deviled eggs until just a few months ago.
They never looked particularly appetizing to me. I'm all for hard-boiled eggs, but when you mix them with all those odd ingredients, that just seemed like crazy talk. But I'm here to say that I was so, so wrong. They're absolutely delicious.
Especially if we're talking about these fried ones. If you've never tried them before either, this is the recipe to test.
To make these yourself, follow the below recipe:
- A dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Cut each hard-boiled egg in half and remove the yolks. Put them in a bowl.
- Take the white part of the eggs and dip them in a bowl of the flour, then a bowl with the three eggs. Finally, dip them into the panko crumbs.
- Fry the egg whites in cooking oil for five minutes.
- In the bowl with the yolks, add the mayo, relish, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Put the mix in a piping bag and squeeze into the fried eggs. Top with paprika and devour!