When I order a burger at a restaurant, I always get onion rings. I mean, can you really have a burger without them? Sure, you could have fries…but they're just not as good. It's science.
Case in point: can you stuff a cheeseburger inside french fries? No. But you can do this with onion rings? If you're looking at me like I'm crazy, get ready to start drooling in 3…2…1!
I know, this is basically the best thing since sliced bread — no, it's better! Here's what you need:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 onion
- Egg wash
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for cooking
- Ketchup for dipping
- Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a bowl.
- Cut either end off the onion and peel the excess skin.
- Then cut the onion twice on the same axis. Separate each layer.
- In each layer put some burger meat, a slice of cheddar, and then some more ground beef.
- Dip the stuffed onion into a bowl of flour, then egg wash, and some bread crumbs. Repeat the eggs and bread crumbs.
- Fry each burger ring in some frying oil for five minutes.
- Let them cool and serve with ketchup!