All school year long, kids everywhere anticipate the last day of classes. Parents, on the other hand, couldn't be less thrilled.
It's officially back-to-school time and all across the country you can hear the ceremonious clinking of wine glasses. As if being a parent wasn't hard enough during the school year, there's even more stress associated with kids and summertime. For all the working parents, when your eight hours of free daycare are over, deciding how the little ones will be entertained for the next three months can be a bit of an issue.
So now that your children have maxed out your credit cards with back-to-school shopping, you don't have to bottle up your feelings about them returning to classes. Let it all out like these moms and dads have! These 22 exhausted parents aren't afraid to tell you how they really feel about sending their children back to school.
1. This mom can finally take that dance class now that school is back in session.
2. The question ALL the parents are asking.
"Is it September yet?"
-all the parents
— Sara Says Stop (@PetrickSara) July 12, 2015
3. You can sleep all the other hours.
After harassing my kids about going back to school, I realized this means I'll be up early, too.
I'll sacrifice sleep for an empty house.
— Sarcastic Mommy (@sarcasticmommy4) August 11, 2016
4. Now I'm no angel, but I've certainly earned my wings.
Every time a child goes back to school, an angel gets its wings.
And by angel, I mean an exhausted mother and by wings I mean a mimosa.
— Danielle Herzog (@martinisandmini) August 11, 2016
5. When you run out of fairy dust…
All these parents making their kids' summers magical. I'm here doing nothing but letting my kids get so bored they beg to go back to school.
— Foxy Wine Pocket (@FoxyWinePocket) August 9, 2016
6. Cheers to the end of summer.
7. Back to school is the new Christmas — but less fun.
8. They save those commercials for Halloween.
Why are there no commercials with exhausted parents celebrating back-to-school?
— Scott Lincicome (@scottlincicome) August 5, 2016
9. Back-to-school shopping: a new form of birth control.
My niece gave me her back to school list and I just….how do y'all who are parents do this year after year?!
— Po (@Poonchi_) August 5, 2016
10. Scavenger hunts are meant to be fun. School shopping? Not so much.
If I pretend I'm on a scavenger hunt all over town, does that make school supply shopping fun?
No. No, it does not.
— Foxy Wine Pocket (@FoxyWinePocket) July 28, 2015
11. The lesser of two evils.
Right now it's a toss up as to whether I can hold out 'til school starts or I'm going to take a hostage to shield me while I make an escape.
— Just Linda (@LindaInDisguise) August 10, 2015
12. "If I stop feeding you, will you stop growing?"
Back to School shopping, a.k.a: "How can you have outgrown EVERYTHING you wore last year? You mean I have to buy you a whole new wardrobe??"
— Wendy S. (@maughammom) July 14, 2015
13. Christmas Eve with significantly less gift wrap.
The night before the first day of school is pretty much parenthood's Christmas eve.
— Simon Holland (@simoncholland) July 30, 2015
14. "You're somebody else's problem now."
15. Let your feelings out, girls.
Every time we drive by her school my 8yo shouts, "Hi school! I miss you!"
You probably can't hear her over me screaming, "I MISS YOU MORE."
— Kim Bongiorno (@LetMeStart) June 29, 2015
16. When you put crayons and notebooks above your child's well-being, thank goodness it's school time.
Last full week of summer. The week when I care more about where last year's school supplies are than I do about where my kids are.
— Nicole Leigh Shaw (@NicoleLeighShaw) August 3, 2015
17. This mom is just plain evil.
My favorite thing about summer break is reminding my kids every morning how many days until school starts.
— Sarcastic Mommy (@sarcasticmommy4) July 22, 2015
18. "You're going to first grade whether you like it or not."
19. A school cafeteria really is more like a war zone.
When Back to School clothes shopping for my boys, I ask myself one question in particular..will this shirt match the daily Go-gurt splatter?
— Domestic Goddess (@DomesticGoddss) August 2, 2015
20. We all have things we don't want to do.
5yr old: I don't wanna go to school!
Me: And I didn't want that crappy 4th Indiana Jones movie. Life is pain. Now get up & get dressed.
— Andy H. (@AndyAsAdjective) August 4, 2015
21. This is a mom after my own heart.
People who are already sending your kids back to school… I hate you.
Er, Um… I mean, I hate you.
— Jen Good (@buriedwithkids) August 4, 2015
22. Now the real vacation begins.
Make sure to include lots of vino on your back-to-school shopping lists and enjoy every kid-free moment of the school year!