Nature is pretty incredible, isn't it?
Sometimes, we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget that there's a whole world out there to explore. Although every city, town, and country has its fair share of man-made tourist attractions, natural landmarks really pique my interest.
Maybe I just find beauty in the simple things, but I could spend hours looking at photographs of gorgeous bodies of water. There's just something so majestic about them that puts my mind at ease. It doesn't hurt that some of the lakes, oceans, and lagoons across the world are so breathtakingly beautiful that you almost have to look twice to make sure they're real. For that reason, I've compiled a list of some of my favorite aquatic destinations. They may look otherworldly, but they can be found right here on Earth.
1. Morning Glory Pool, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
2. Laguna Colorada, Bolivia
3. Plitvice Lakes, Croatia
4. Lake Hillier, Australia
5. Five Flower Lake, Jiuzhaigou National Park, China
6. Tiwu Nuwa Muri Koo Fai and Tiwu Ata Polo, Kelimutu National Park, Indonesia
7. Mono Lake, California
8. Rio Caño Cristales, Colombia
9. Penmon, Anglesey, Wales
10. Lake Natron, Tanzania
11. Emerald Lake, Yoho National Park, British Columbia, Canada
12. Rio Lagartos Biosphere Reserve, Las Coloradas, Yucatan, Mexico
13. Jellyfish Lake, Palau