"I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't do it."
This is the response I've used over the years after being caught red-handed doing something I shouldn't have been doing at all. I really can't help myself. I'm just a curious person. Okay, maybe I'm a little bit mischievous. Telling me not to do something just makes me want to do it more.
The same can be said for many of our animal friends. Most of the time, we have no idea what's running through their heads. But based on the reactions on their faces after being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, it can be inferred that our furry friends know the difference between right and wrong. For all my troublemakers out there, here are 23 hilarious reactions of animals that were caught in the act.
1. "I plead the fifth."
2. No matter where you hide, I still know what you did last summer.
3. "I pooped on the floor but she hasn't seen it yet, so let's pretend it never happened."
4. He learned the hard way that his mother is always right.
5. "If I hide, the humans will not find me when they see what I did to the couch."
6. This cat burglar is too cute to send to jail.
7. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."
8. Stop, drop, and pretend nothing happened.
9. You know a cat's feeling guilty when it hides in its least favorite place: the sink.
10. I think we just solved the case of the sock bandit.
11. "No, humans. I am not on the counter for more treats. I just wanted a better view."
12. "We were practicing our wrestling moves."
13. "Maybe if I close my eyes, you won't see me."
14. When in doubt, smile it out.
15. "I was looking for some lipstick."
16. The dog won't stand for this mouse's thieving ways!
17. "The cat made me do it!"
18. This pup isn't one for monkey business.
19. Bonnie and Clyde strike again!
20. "She came on to me."
21. "Oh, that guy trying to break out? I don't even know him."
22. He's SHAMELESS.
23. "I was trying to help you clip coupons, I swear."
It's really unfortunate that everyone accuses me of things I haven't done. Can't you see my halo? I'm sure these pets feel me.