They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but when you’re scarfing down sugary cereal and carb-heavy bagels, you kind of defeat the whole idea of the meal.
Instead of completely obliterating your calorie intake for the day, why not try this recipe out? Not only are the results just as delicious as the traditional comfort food, these hash browns are also healthy!
I love hash browns more than most things in this world. But they’re not particularly healthy for breakfast. That is, if you prepare them the old-school way.
To make this tasty (and healthy) update to this breakfast staple, check this out:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Cut the cauliflower in half and remove the leaves on the bottom.
- Using a cheese grater, grate both halves. Put the grated pieces into a bowl.
- Add the egg, onion salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and add half of the cauliflower mixture.
- Cook for three to five minutes, repeat with the other half, and serve!