You really have to hand it to news anchors and reporters.
Every single day, they go out there and brave the elements on live television for our viewing pleasure, and every single day, they do it with the knowledge that things could go south in a matter of seconds. Over the course of any given work week, they could be faced with horrid weather, interviewees with questionable ethics, animals, and sticky (sometimes criminal) situations.
It only makes sense that things don't always go so well for people who make their livings in front of cameras that don't stop running. Here are a few unlucky newscasters who have felt live TV's wrath.
1. Here we have some definitive proof that winter is, in fact, the worst.
2. It was going so well, until it wasn't.
3. I sincerely hope that Mr. Janus had a great birthday.
4. In the battle of man versus weather, weather wins (every time).
5. I will never not laugh at this. Never.
6. This poor guy had a terrible day at the office.
7. Good call, ref.
8. Nothing like a handsy monkey to make you question that journalism degree.
9. And then we have this absolute classic.
10. That's not nice.
11. These kids have no respect. None.
12. Another day, another threat against a journalist's life.
14. He's doing the most and accomplishing so very little.
15. And last but not least, we have these idiots who don't know how Ireland works.
I try to do my part and watch the news every night, and I'm a little peeved that I've never witnessed any of this gloriousness in real time.
Stay gold, journalists. Stay gold.