Owning a pet can be one of the most rewarding experiences of our lives. But for all the good they bring us, sometimes we wish things could be a little easier. If only there were shortcuts for dealing with some of the negatives (cough — cleanup — cough) that come with having our furry friends around…
Well there are! From making their bed smell just like you to disguising their litter box as furniture, each one of these is sure to be a hit in your house soon.
1. Create a kitty litter scoop with a simple milk jug.
The sifting holes are made with a hole punch!
2. You might want to eat these frozen dog treats, too!
Grab the recipe here.
3. Combine vinegar and baking soda to get rid of pet stains.
4. Put your litter box in an IKEA wicker chest.
Learn how to make it here.
5. Use this lavender-infused concoction to naturally get rid of fleas.
6. Turn an old sweatshirt into a dog bed.
7. Use chalk or baby powder to keep ants out of pet food outside.
8. Build a dog crate that doubles as an end table!
9. Put a ball in your dog or cat's food bowl to slow down a fast eater.
10. Put Vaseline on a dog's cracked or dry paw pads. They won't want to lick it off.
11. Run rubber gloves over couch cushions to get excess fur off.
(via One Crazy House)
Now we can stop worrying about all that shedding and start enjoying some time outdoors playing fetch!